Friday, March 20, 2009

American Socialite spotted at Lollipop Party

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending a Lollipop Party in Zurich with some work colleagues, and it was really a lot of fun. In case you, like me, have no idea what a Lollipop Party is, I recommend you go and check it out for yourself, as it is truly something to experience, but as an introduction, let me just say that it is a party, at a club, in which the DJ plays ONLY SCHLAEGER MUSIC all night long, and that to my own shock and awe people from the age of 18 upwards are there, singing and dancing along, the whole night long, to German oldies. Oh, and there are lollipops, too.

After paying CHF 20 for the cover and about CHF 50 for a whole bunch of (read 4) drinks, I was in the right frame of mind to bob my head to a few dozen German songs that were before my time and definately not engrained into my cultural DNA. But regardless, it was an awesome night - I mean, what says more fun than a bunch of pfallic, blown up lollipops hanging from the ceiling and a half-dozen single (present blogging company excluded) girls out on the prowl amongst Zurich's oldies loving youth clubbing crowd... that's right. Nothing. ;) Thanks again to the girls for a great night out!

Almost famous: Oh and yes, that is me caught in a group shot above, taken from the top Zurich going out web portal, usgang.ch. That is not a US gang site - I promise.

Have a great Friday everyone! Let me know if you visit any clubs of interest. ;)

2 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

Oh yes, watch out Paris Hilton.

Young Traveler said...

Wow, those are some SERIOUSLY phallic lollipops. Zurich never ceases to surprise me. Glad you had a good time (even if the music had some seriously dominant accordion action).

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory