Thursday, October 9, 2008

Full of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Goodness

You will not believe this... but I had an out of body experience the other day. That is right, it was as if I was floating and I was living my life but I wasn't sure where I was or what was going on. And there were so many pretty colors and animals.... it was so weird. Then all at once, I felt as though I was a kid again, back when I was about 8 or so, and I saw myself getting ready for school and making my own breakfast and drinking the remaining milk out of the bowl to get all the sweet milky goodness. And I was fighting over the toys in the box and turning the boxes over to get the toys out without anyone knowing the wiser... and eating the marshmallows and leaving the other cereal to float in the milk... and then....

And then, I woke up out of this weird other world... and the only rational thing I could do was boy a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch... strange that.



What I want to know is... who put these here and how long have they been here without me knowing??? Hmmm...???? Ahh, sweet American goodness. You can't tell me the Swiss eat these sugary sweet, quarter of a box full cereals... or do they?

Found in Coop... I have never seen these in Migros. Go get 'em.

6 comments:

Treff said...

RICE KRISPIES??? I am SOOOO green with cereal envy right now...Although the best way to eat Rice Krispies is with melted marshmallows and I have NO idea how common they are!

Jessica said...

I KNOW RIGHT!?!? Where on Earth did these come from? I have never seen American cereals in masses like this... they had EVERYTHING... all from Kellogs and Nestle, no General Mills.. alas, no Cheerios.

This would be the time to break out the rice crispie treats (if you can get marshmallows!).

Pumpkin said...

We have been buying cereal (US brands) for our kids since we arrived in Switzerland a little over a year ago. We only shop at Coop because that is the only grocery we have in our village besides a family owned store that doesn't carry much.

Sometimes, I even give the kids cereal with no milk for dix heure or quatre heure (snacktime) just like my mother did.

Chantal said...

Now if they would just get Lucky Charms!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that difficult to find in Switzerland? You should come here then, we've got various cereals on the supermarket rack, too bad it's not really my kind of breakfast :(

stacy said...

I buy the rice krispies or rice krispie equivalent (migros carries their own brand) to make my annual christmas chocolate peanut butter balls. Really yum.

Also -- you can get multi-grain Cheerios if you order your groceries online at Leshop.ch. Apparently Nestle makes them in EU!

I personally am a knusper-muesli lover...

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory