Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Beers of the World in the Hauptbahnhof

Ok, so I understand that I am walking a fine line of this blog becoming a booze fest (schnapps, beers on the train 1 and 2, shandies/panache/radlers, wine trips, and wine boats, oh my...) but I feel like I have been to this one particular local a few times now and that it is time to blog about it. Behold - Beers of the World in the Hauptbahnhof.


Sarah poses as the Beers of the World spokesmodel - what is she getting into in the US aisle??

As the name says, they literally have all types of beers from all over the world, and soft drinks from all over the world, and spirits from... you get the picture. Jace goes in there to get Aussie beers and I go in to take photos ... er... I mean, also look at the beers.

Here is a selection of the American beers. I was tempted to get a Sam Adams to remind me of the fond times in Boston. Ahh, Sam Summer... I think I might have just shed a tear. Carrying on... while I was in there last, I came across something miraculous... something utterly delicious and gratifying and since then I have been dreaming about the next time I can run through the Hauptbahnhof and grab another of these babies... ah... Dr. Pepper. Yummmmmmmmmm.
I am not one of those people that is addicted to the root beer like Dr. Pepper but for some reason this drink reallly hits the spot and takes away the familar food cravings. There is nothing better than buying one of these and drinking it on the train ride home... sweet, sweet heaven.

So next time you are in the train station, drop by the Beers of the World store and get a... beer, or a soft drink, or something liquid from your favorite country. It is so worth it, and you look so international and cool carrying around the beers of the world bags for weeks to come. Enjoy!

2 comments:

N said...

Wooooooooooo...Canadian beer. I recommend you not to drink it.

JuanitaTortilla said...

I. Heart. Dr. Pepper. !!!

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory