Thursday, January 29, 2009

Swisstory Blurb Book - Volume 1: 2008

I am officially excited. Why you ask? Well, because over the Christmas break I finished my biggest blurb project of them all - the 13 x 11 inch Swisstory Blog book - made with Blurb (I love Blurb...). With over 350 pages and over 1,000 photos this baby is the mack-daddy of scrapbooks detailing all the ins and outs of our 9 months in Switzerland (which you already know because you are all over this blog like white on rice...). And today I sent it to the printers!

Now, I know what you are going to say... you are going to say what I said when I went to print it and that is... "Wow, that is expensive." But then when you think about it, try and print out over 1,000 of your favorite photos and arrange them in various sizes with your vary own blog write ups and tell me afterwards that you don't think that the price is a BARGAIN. That's right. I thought so.

I will be sure to post about the book when I get it - until then click on the picture below to see a preview of the first 15 pages of the book... so excited! Look familiar? Well of course it does - it is a copy of this blog!

---
Are you on Facebook? Swisstory is... become a fan!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is incredible - what an awesome idea! Must have take you ages to put it all together but will be such an awesome book full of all your memories and posts. Cool as!

Joanna Serowa Marzycielka said...

Once I ordered a similar book which was super too. Yours is even better, because in mine there's no text, just photos with short descriptions :)

Amanda said...

OMG, I llllove your book! (from what I can see) What a wonderful and tangible way to document your time here. Oh, by the way, the photo for the cover of your book is amazing. Where did you capture that shot?

Jessica said...

Thanks for the feedback! I am hoping it will turn out as great as it looks online...

Amanda, the photo on the front cover... well, it is actually not mine!!!! Oooh I know, what a fraud. :)

My brother took it while he was here last summer and I begged him for it because I thought it was perfect for the cover of the book. I believe he took the photo in Lauterbrunnen...

Amanda said...

Dear Jessica,
It's not like your brother has that pic copyrighted, right? Hmmm, at any rate, I don't consider borrowing photos from relatives fraudulent at all, as long as you give them due credit! (I'm sure he's flattered you like it so much.) In fact, for an album I made for Florence, I used my sister's photo she took of the David a couple of years prior - when I was there cameras weren't allowed at the Accademia...

Thanks for the info.

Habebi said...

Oh my goodness!! That is amazing. What a brilliant way to document your "Swisstory". Can't wait to see the finished product.

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory