Sunday, November 29, 2009

We made it back!

Just a quick post to let everyone know we made it back safe and sound! A few highlights that I hope to blog about this week from the trip are:
  • The movers - all about how great Crown Relocation is. This will have to be a two part thing, as we have to wait until January 10th at the earliest when our stuff arrives in Perth. But so far, tre impressed.
  • The clean up. We paid a rather small (make that large) fortune to have our apartment professionally cleaned, and they mucked it up. More on that this week. I am livid... I hope they will cover their damages without me having to come back and open up a can of whoop-a$$ on them.
  • The handover was EASY apart from the cleaning damages... I think the professional cleaning really helped despite the costs, but... see above. More coming soon! I will dish it all out.
  • How to pack light and avoid 500 CHF fines from the airlines for excess baggage - actually, this was a NIGHTMARE but we did not have to pay it in the end. I might have an open marriage proposal out there to the airline employee that saved me this fine. I think Jace is ok with it though considering the dough we saved.
  • The return home - seeing your old country with new eyes... well, old eyes as it would be this time. I have to admit, I am in a bit of shock after having been away for 4 years. Plus this is probably the first and therefore only place I have returned to in my life, knowing I am going to be staying for awhile. How do you get over the fact that things have changed while you were away and that the things you liked might be gone and those you did not like before might still be there... it is easier to escape to another country, we'll see... but all in all, I am ready and willing to start this new adventure in Australia and see the old girl with new eyes! ;)
I will have limited access to the internet for a few weeks (unless any former iiNet colleagues want to give me a hand here ;) , so please be patient and if you are still interested in guest blogging, please email me! Thanks again for all the kind wishes for a safe trip home. It is really great to be back!

Ps. I have started a new blog as promised!!! It is really in the early phases as I am still posting on both Swisstory and the new Aussie Story Blog.* Please sign up for the email alerts on Aussie Story now or add it to your feedreader, because when then New Year begins, this is officially where our adventure continues.

*I know I am so creative when it comes to blog names...hope you like it. ;)
---
Tweet-tweet. I am now on Twitter. Follow me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the move. I'm sure adjustment will be hard at first. For me, it was definitely the food and the store hours... Will keep an eye on that new blog too!

Z said...

Hey, best of luck with the settling-in, though you know your way around Perth already so it won't be too complicated. I have a personal interest in Perth as I have friends there and I'll certainly be reading your new blog.

Unknown said...

Welcome (back) to Perth. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for the welcome back messages! So far things have been busy and hectic but really good! ;) Glad to be back - but do miss CH!

 

Contact me. | Advertise on Swisstory